Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Full Circle Organic Box



Here is the loot from today's organic box! I stopped it after thinking it was a bad deal, but they offered a promotion to restart. They goofed today and gave me extra stuff...how much extra I'm not sure, but all this was only $22. We'll see next week what the usual box size is like and if I keep this up.


Red Potatoes, Organic - 1.5 pounds
Bagged Carrots, Organic - 0.75 pound
Brussels Sprouts, Organic - 0.75 pound
Celery, Organic - 1 each
Green Beans, Organic - 0.75 pound
Yukon Gold Potatoes, Organic - 1.5 pounds
Green Leaf Lettuce, Organic - 1 bunch
Broccoli, Organic - 1 pound
Pink Lady Apples, Organic - 4 each
D'anjou Pears, Organic - 4 each
Pomegranates, Organic - 2 each

I made homemade applesauce for a snack and then roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts and carrots...topped with fresh lemon and shaved pecorino. Mmm delish!

As a sidenote, the local spot to pick up the organic box is someone's driveway (a gorgeous house on the water) but it is pitch black! I went first by myself and couldn't get into their dark shed, so I took my mom and a flashlight back and managed to get the door open and get to my box. There isn't even a light in the shed and no one is around, so it's a bit of a creepy adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment