Thursday, May 26, 2011

Memorial Day Savings and Splurges

With US Memorial Day right around the corner, there are plenty of BBQ items on sale, like hot dogs and buns. Hopefully you have chips and condiments in your pantry like I do! Of course we need to pick up more Coors Light and MEAT.

We're sharing a cabin with a few other couples this weekend, and each couple is cooking two meals. We're doing dinner one night, and this is where I'm happy to splurge on meat for grilling...sure, you can find some subpar steaks on sale or manager's special, but it's meat. I love going to Costco (or sending the husband who really is meat boss anyway) to get the freshest and juiciest Tri-Tip or Ribeye. It's just worth it! We'll pair it with baked potatoes, all the fixin's and probably a green salad. My mouth is already watering!

Here are some items I have already bought...of course we have more to get at Costco and Safeway.



Lots of deliciousness!!!

There are 4 day sales everywhere... I plan to hit up Safeway for convenience, but the deals at Albertsons are overall more amazing. Check out Frugal Living NW for Safeway match-ups (and doubles if you're in Vancouver/Portland area). I heart The Coupon Project for Albertsons match-ups (and her new shopping list feature!) and doubler pricing for the weekend.

Happy Memorial Day and eat up!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Can't wait for this weekend - well actually, just a few short hours from now! I spy Gin & Tonics in your future :-)

    ReplyDelete